WHAT IS UBInow?
UBI stands for Unconditional Basic Income – and this is possible in Denmark, now…
A high Unconditional Basic Income (UBI) in Denmark can be realized!
“Living must be worthwhile” – how everyone can receive 18-25,000 DKK/month from the state, even with taxes being lowered
UBInow is a practical and cross-political proposal for implementing a high Unconditional Basic Income (UBI) in Denmark. The financing does not take place via taxes, but by surplus from the state’s investments in companies on equal terms with other investors in society: The state gives the citizens UBI and receives profit sharing from those companies wishing to grow by lowering the wages with UBI, while the state invests in the automation companies, which can now act more freely.
In this way, it is possible not only to realize UBI, but in the long run to realize a lot of other things as well, probably to the point where personal- and company taxes can be partially or completely replaced with UBInow. The next paragraph is a short introduction to that.
Experts from many different areas of expertise are currently examining the material, and we actually hope that they find inaccuracies – so we can correct them. We have an ongoing process of expanding the material with additional explanations and calculation examples, for instance, cases on how UBI will affect almost all sections of the population.
Overall, UBInow provides these advantages to different sections in society:
– Company owners, investors and CEO’s will get a bigger surplus in their companies due to the wage lowering and the increased competitive position in export. They can have investments from the state with greater advantages than from other investors and may in part, or completely, be exempt from personal- and company taxes. Automation and thus the reduction in jobs will be more acceptable among employees as well as state and municipalities. There are no increased expenses, except from the fact that employees in low wage companies will achieve more means for negotiation, which is an advantage for well-run companies who may then attract the best employees.
– The average citizen will have a bigger safety net without the many counterclaims that exist today, and a much bigger freedom to choose a paid job, or even not have a paid job, as well as achieve greater means of negotiation for employment. Simultaneously, the citizen gains the better opportunity to enter into politics, support causes with donations/crowd-funding, and to participate in volunteer work will become easier – a lot of work is, as noted, necessary to society, but those jobs seen as having a low status, will probably rise in prestige, since nobody has to take a job any longer, for the money. The personal taxes may be removed. There are no increased costs.
– There will be more time and energy to take care of children, the elderly, sick and marginalized, and the stress, confrontations and isolation in society is reduced – likely reducing substance abuse and crime as well. There are no increased costs.
– Entrepreneurs, artists, inventors, places of education, sports people and associations will have easier access to both money, aides, members and customers, and even small businesses and associations, who wouldn’t be able to survive financially today, can be viable, since lower wages are necessary and most people will have more money to spend and/or more time in which to spend it. There are no increased costs.
– Under the condition that a subsidy scheme is made, allotting complete or partial UBInow for welcome immigrants and asylum seekers, as well as the existing citizens who have not yet lived 40 years in Denmark, and therefore receive reduced UBI following the fractional pension model, increased financial security and increased surplus in society will improve integration. If a subsidy scheme is not made, a significant integration problem may arise lasting several generations, in regard to what will be seen as unfair competition from Danes with UBInow, and ensuring such a subsidy scheme for accepted immigrants and asylum seekers should therefore have a high priority regarding how to spend the surplus from the general UBInow financing or become an actual part of the demand for UBInow financing. Therefore they are also part of the current calculation on the app. 670,000 non-citizens  in this UBInow financial report, resulting in no increased costs for this group as well.
– Politicians will have more financial security both in and outside the job, especially regarding local politics etc., opening up for more people getting the chance to participate in politics either full- or part time, without risking financial or time-oriented challenges. This strengthens democracy both locally and nationally. There are no increased costs.
Thusly, there are only winners and no losers when implementing UBInow – which is why we also refer to it as ‘Optimal UBI’.
 De Wispelaere, 2015 97-100
 Van Parijs, 1995; Fitzpatrick, 1999; Soss, 2000; Standing 1999, 2002, 2005
 Wright, 2010; Van Parijs, 1992
 Torry, 2013; Christensen, 2000, 2008
 Statistikbanken og NyIDanmark.dk – statistik
All our documentation and considerations regarding UBInow is made publi and may be debated on our Facebook page.
To those who foresee that we will lack manpower with UBInow
we suggest they watch this scientific, but entertaining, video about human motivation (which isn’t money, despite the fact that society often uses this as a mantra these days), and/or see our documented report on the Danish conditions here. .